Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

April 27, 2024, 09:47:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Donald Baker

2024 Apr 26 11:53:47
Boy this site sure is dead.  Did the Rapture happen already? ;D

Phidippides

2024 Mar 31 01:32:32
Happy Easter! 🐰🐣✝️⛪

Phidippides

2024 Mar 29 16:59:45
Today is Good Friday. ✝️

Phidippides

2023 Dec 24 19:54:03
Merry Christmas, everyone. 🎄❄️🎅

Donald Baker

2022 Jul 16 15:33:06
Atheists...if any are lurking, join and defend your position on why God doesn't exist.  Agnostics you too...isn't it time to get off the fence and take a side? ;D

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 3
  • Latest: skiguy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 385
  • Total Topics: 89
  • Online today: 10
  • Online ever: 52
  • (February 04, 2024, 12:04:33 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 11
Total: 11

Theme Select

11 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Are Twitter Ads good for companies?  (Read 8340 times)

Offline Phidippides

• Administrator
  • Like/Dislike: +12/-0
Are Twitter Ads good for companies?
« on: December 12, 2018, 03:12:02 PM »
Companies can use Twitter to engage with users in both macro and micro-oriented ways.  While creating posts allows users to see what you say if they follow you or specifically find you in a search, Twitter Ads allows companies to inject their tweets into other users' timelines as "Promoted" tweets.  While this gives a company's tweet high exposure, it also opens up that tweet to criticism by users who tweet back.

With Twitter Ads becoming more commonplace, I have started clicking on an occasional ad in my timeline.  It seems to be a frequent occurrence that I see responses by users who take that opportunity to trash the company posting the ad.  Sometimes it might be because the user wants to be funny, or wants to gain likes by being the first to respond to a large company's ad, or perhaps because the user is really upset with the company.  At times, a Twitter Mob might erupt and a company can become a veritable punching bag for human rage. 

This seems to be the opposite of a good investment.  What company wants to pay to be the subject of mockery or derision?

So are Twitter Ads ever a good idea for a company to buy?

Offline Donald Baker

• Administrator
  • Like/Dislike: +4/-0
Re: Are Twitter Ads good for companies?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 06:55:31 PM »
It is a bad idea since the company cannot control what is being said.  However, the feedback could be valuable for marketing reasons...but I wouldn't want to subject my company to derision just to see what I need to fix.  Focus groups can give you that kind of data.

Offline Phidippides

• Administrator
  • Like/Dislike: +12/-0
Re: Are Twitter Ads good for companies?
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 10:21:55 PM »
I agree.  I think that focus groups are a better option for individual feedback.  Twitter Mobs aren't good for constructive criticism.