Forum > Christian Legacies Main Forum

Thoughts On The Kentucky Derby Fiasco?

(1/1)

Donald Baker:
I think the decision was the correct one technically, but it didn't decide the outcome of the race.  Yet, it may prove to be beneficial to the horse racing industry nevertheless.  Thoughts?

Phidippides:
Don't you mean it did decide the outcome of the race?  I think that anytime you inject drama into a major sporting event, it only adds to the luster of the sport.  Now there's controversy, emotions, and history to talk about. 

I would just have hated to have bet on Maximum Security, only to be thrilled and then get hit with shock when they reversed the call.

Donald Baker:
I meant that the bumping didn't change the inevitable outcome of Maximum Security winning the race.  He was the superior horse by far.

Phidippides:
True, unless the horse that got bumped could make the argument that it would have made a move at that very moment but couldn't. 

But since the best horse didn't end up winning, it looks like there won't be a Triple Crown winner this year.

Donald Baker:
The Derby is overrated anyway.  It's more of a party than anything else.  The Louisville economy would take a huge hit if it ever was cancelled.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version