Forum > Christian Legacies Main Forum

Does God Necessarily Have To Be Omnipotent?

<< < (2/2)

Phidippides:
That's some good reading as well, but I'm not sure whether "De Ente et Essentia" is included (I assumed it was separate, but could be wrong).  I had to read the latter in college for a class on the Philosophy of Being.

skiguy:

--- Quote from: Phidippides on October 29, 2018, 03:54:28 PM --- We might never know because we only know God.  And we could continue that to say that this "greater" god could himself be subservient to yet another god who is still greater?  And we could keep this going.

--- End quote ---

How could He be the Alpha and the Omega if He was subservient to another god? 

Donald Baker:

--- Quote from: skiguy on November 02, 2018, 08:06:13 PM ---
--- Quote from: Phidippides on October 29, 2018, 03:54:28 PM --- We might never know because we only know God.  And we could continue that to say that this "greater" god could himself be subservient to yet another god who is still greater?  And we could keep this going.

--- End quote ---

How could He be the Alpha and the Omega if He was subservient to another god?

--- End quote ---

Yes that declaration pretty much signifies there is no other God but God.  But it doesn't really explain what "omnipotent" entails.

Phidippides:
You could argue that we live in a universe which had a start billions of years ago and has an end, but that we're simply in one universe in a timeline of many universes, each of which is many billions of years old.  At least, this is the way the issue could be framed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version