Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

April 19, 2024, 06:19:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Phidippides

2024 Mar 31 01:32:32
Happy Easter! 🐰🐣✝️⛪

Phidippides

2024 Mar 29 16:59:45
Today is Good Friday. ✝️

Phidippides

2023 Dec 24 19:54:03
Merry Christmas, everyone. 🎄❄️🎅

Donald Baker

2022 Jul 16 15:33:06
Atheists...if any are lurking, join and defend your position on why God doesn't exist.  Agnostics you too...isn't it time to get off the fence and take a side? ;D

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 3
  • Latest: skiguy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 385
  • Total Topics: 89
  • Online today: 8
  • Online ever: 52
  • (February 04, 2024, 12:04:33 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 6
Total: 6

Theme Select

6 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Is The Left Pushing The Boundaries Of The Law Too Far When They Criticise Trump?  (Read 2386 times)

Offline Donald Baker

• Administrator
  • Like/Dislike: +4/-0
I'm beginning to think that there needs to be a crackdown on these leftist groups and celebrities who are advocating a coup against Trump or advocate violence against him.  It's getting beyond ridiculous at this point.  I did not agree with anything Obama did, but I never ever considered physical harm to him or want him removed from office as I respected him as being duly elected.  This has always been my biggest criticism of the Left.  They always demand we be tolerant of every kind of viewpoint. culture, lifestyle, etc...but when someone like Donald Trump comes along, they go bezerk and  start advocating violence against anyone who supports Trump.  They don't even consider the level of hypocrisy they are guilty of.  I am deeply concerned that if they go unchecked, they may rip this nation apart.

Offline Phidippides

• Administrator
  • Like/Dislike: +12/-0
The left is used to arguing with appeals to emotions, and tugging at people's sense of alarm works to stir people up.  What better way to do this than by comparing Trump to Hitler?  The problem is that as this becomes more and more common, and as the comparisons get stretched more and more (comparing the temporary detainment of children to Nazi concentration camps, or Trump's Helsinki performance to Kristallnacht), you have to think some on the left will naturally conclude that if Trump or his policies are considered to be evil, then taking him out (or his supporters) is seen as permissible, or even an imperative. 

You're right that it is scary.