Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

March 28, 2024, 06:23:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Phidippides

2023 Dec 24 19:54:03
Merry Christmas, everyone. 🎄❄️🎅

Donald Baker

2022 Jul 16 15:33:06
Atheists...if any are lurking, join and defend your position on why God doesn't exist.  Agnostics you too...isn't it time to get off the fence and take a side? ;D

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 3
  • Latest: skiguy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 385
  • Total Topics: 89
  • Online today: 10
  • Online ever: 52
  • (February 04, 2024, 12:04:33 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 10
Total: 10

Theme Select

10 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Did Jesus Try To "Market" His Ministry Or Did Paul?  (Read 7868 times)

Offline Donald Baker

• Administrator
  • Like/Dislike: +4/-0
Did Jesus Try To "Market" His Ministry Or Did Paul?
« on: August 13, 2018, 08:43:27 PM »
Was the Sermon on the Mount a "marketing campaign?"  How about when he raised Lazarus from the dead?  Was the Golden Rule a marketing slogan?  Or did Paul do the best door to door marketing campaign in the history of the world?  If you were a marketing graduate student, how would you market what would become Christianity in the days just after Jesus died on the cross?

Offline Phidippides

• Administrator
  • Like/Dislike: +12/-0
Re: Did Jesus Try To "Market" His Ministry Or Did Paul?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 11:54:31 PM »
This sounds a lot like something I read in a book on American history when I was in grade school.  I can't remember who it was, but some (early twentieth century?) historical figure said that Christ was the best salesMan in history, presumably because he had his 12 "employees" and he was able to market his message to great extent.

Frankly, I'm not really a fan of framing Christianity in business terms, though I can definitely understand the comparison.