Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

March 28, 2024, 04:05:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Phidippides

2023 Dec 24 19:54:03
Merry Christmas, everyone. 🎄❄️🎅

Donald Baker

2022 Jul 16 15:33:06
Atheists...if any are lurking, join and defend your position on why God doesn't exist.  Agnostics you too...isn't it time to get off the fence and take a side? ;D

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 3
  • Latest: skiguy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 385
  • Total Topics: 89
  • Online today: 10
  • Online ever: 52
  • (February 04, 2024, 12:04:33 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 23
Total: 23

Theme Select

23 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Trump baiting Lebron James  (Read 2423 times)

Offline Phidippides

• Administrator
  • Like/Dislike: +12/-0
Trump baiting Lebron James
« on: August 04, 2018, 04:48:23 PM »
When I read Trump's tweet about Lebron James, I felt like shaking my head.  Trump being Trump.  Why bother to do this?  I'm not a huge fan of James but it's not like I dislike him or think he's worth criticizing in public. 

So why is Trump doing this? Could it be more strategic?  It seems like Trump has complete control over the national discourse.  If he wants to start a national conversation/debate/fight, he can do so with a single tweet, and it will drive news for several days, and perhaps even a week or more.  This is actually a perfect cover if he wants to get something else done "under the radar" which would normally attract a media spotlight. 

Could this be Trump's strategy - while it appears he's baiting Lebron James, he's actually baiting the media into running with this story for the next week or so?  I dunno, but it makes sense to me.

Offline Donald Baker

• Administrator
  • Like/Dislike: +4/-0
Re: Trump baiting Lebron James
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 10:33:21 PM »
Trump likes to troll the Left and his critics.  It's what he is used to doing in his celebrity  persona.  I love how he triggers them but sometimes it hurts his credibility with other world leaders.  Of course I really don't think Trump cates lol.