Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

March 29, 2024, 09:16:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Phidippides

2023 Dec 24 19:54:03
Merry Christmas, everyone. 🎄❄️🎅

Donald Baker

2022 Jul 16 15:33:06
Atheists...if any are lurking, join and defend your position on why God doesn't exist.  Agnostics you too...isn't it time to get off the fence and take a side? ;D

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 3
  • Latest: skiguy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 385
  • Total Topics: 89
  • Online today: 16
  • Online ever: 52
  • (February 04, 2024, 12:04:33 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 16
Total: 16

Theme Select

16 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: I Feel More Sinful The Older I Get  (Read 6134 times)

Offline Donald Baker

• Administrator
  • Like/Dislike: +4/-0
I Feel More Sinful The Older I Get
« on: August 18, 2018, 05:50:26 PM »
I'm really struggling with patience, anger, and even my salvation right now.  It feels like the older I get, the more hardened my heart becomes.  With a harder heart, I am quicker with my temper and I really hate losing my cool.  I feel like I'm slipping further into darkness and cannot stem the tide.  Sometimes I actually dred meeting God and have no feelings whatsoever about meeting the angels in heaven.  Got any scriptures that can help me?

Offline Phidippides

• Administrator
  • Like/Dislike: +12/-0
Re: I Feel More Sinful The Older I Get
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 01:31:20 AM »
There is an ebb and flow in life.  What drags us down in our younger years of life might be something that we overcome later on, but then a new and different thorn cuts into our side; a new cross emerges.  Perhaps the challenge is to accept the cross that you are given and simply to persevere.  Here is something you are undoubtedly familiar with, but it came to mind: 

7* I have competed well; I have finished the race;f I have kept the faith. 8* From now on the crown of righteousness awaits me, which the Lord, the just judge, will award to me on that day, and not only to me, but to all who have longed for his appearance.

2 Timothy Ch. 4