Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

April 17, 2024, 09:47:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Phidippides

2024 Mar 31 01:32:32
Happy Easter! 🐰🐣✝️⛪

Phidippides

2024 Mar 29 16:59:45
Today is Good Friday. ✝️

Phidippides

2023 Dec 24 19:54:03
Merry Christmas, everyone. 🎄❄️🎅

Donald Baker

2022 Jul 16 15:33:06
Atheists...if any are lurking, join and defend your position on why God doesn't exist.  Agnostics you too...isn't it time to get off the fence and take a side? ;D

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 3
  • Latest: skiguy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 385
  • Total Topics: 89
  • Online today: 12
  • Online ever: 52
  • (February 04, 2024, 12:04:33 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 3
Total: 3

Theme Select

3 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Getting real sick of Leftism  (Read 5585 times)

Offline skiguy

• Administrator
  • Like/Dislike: +4/-0
Getting real sick of Leftism
« on: August 31, 2018, 05:45:19 PM »
I'm still following politics but not getting into it as much as before.  It raises my blood pressure too much lately.  ;D
Just read this article about the EPA and it set me off enough to post something.  Lol.
EPA watchdog to probe scientific integrity
I'm glad the Trump Administration is doing something about this.  One section particularly caught my attention.
But critics of the Trump administration have nonetheless criticized the agency for what they see as attempts to undermine science at the EPA, including downplaying the harms from climate change and air pollution and censoring scientists.
'Downplaying the harms'  That's the Leftist definition of "when someone else comes up with opposing scientific proof"
This is how Orwellian the Left has become and it's blowing my mind.  They do this with everything; calls of racism, economy, national pride, American history, etc, etc.  They are trying to change the language.  And maybe this is sinful, but I'm getting sick of how stupid and gullible people are. But on the other hand, I'm encouraged to see people starting to come around a bit.  I just hope it's enough for November.

Offline Phidippides

• Administrator
  • Like/Dislike: +12/-0
Re: Getting real sick of Leftism
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 11:40:01 PM »
It's all about controlling the narrative.  Historically the narrative was a battle of ideas, with the best ideas winning out because they were more convincing.  Recently, however, the left has taken the tactic that using convincing arguments is not the solution.  Instead, the solution is to marginalize the opposition so that they will not be heard, or criminalize their speech. 

Think about it.  That's an easy solution for them because it means they don't need to construct convincing arguments anymore. 

Of course, if the left can't construct convincing arguments but still wants to control people, what happens?  Rule by force.  Violence.  Basically, scary times.  We're already seeing it with Antifa and the Antifa defenders. 

Things are about to get real.  Well, within the next 10 years or so. 

Offline Donald Baker

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 01:10:12 PM »
The Left knows it lost the war of ideas like Phid said.  Their only card to play now is to suppress the opposition.  The only problem is the Left can no longer rely on the mainstream media to control the narrative.  The Right has its own media sources now that the Left cannot suppress.  Violence will be their last choice and in the end they will lose there too.

Offline Donald Baker

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 11:46:52 AM »
Can you believe the Left actually tried to remove Trump from office?  Some have said they tried a silent coup.  I fear they might try to harm him if he wins a second term.

Offline Phidippides

• Administrator
  • Like/Dislike: +12/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2018, 11:26:56 PM »
Are you talking about the Rod Rosenstein story?  I can't right now if he seriously considered that, or if perhaps the story was used by the New York Times to bait Trump into firing Rosenstein, thereby triggering a huge political backlash which could end in Trump's impeachment.  In any case, my feeling is that Trump could use this to his advantage.  Assuming Rosenstein was actually joking around when he said it, Trump could use the opportunity to a) bash the NY Times' credibility unlike ever before, b) keep Rosenstein in place, and c) have Rosenstein's gratitude because he wasn't canned.  This could actually turn into a big political winner for Trump.

Offline Donald Baker

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 12:56:52 PM »
Trump is playing 3d chess while everyone else is stuck in 2d.