Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

April 20, 2024, 11:07:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Phidippides

2024 Mar 31 01:32:32
Happy Easter! 🐰🐣✝️⛪

Phidippides

2024 Mar 29 16:59:45
Today is Good Friday. ✝️

Phidippides

2023 Dec 24 19:54:03
Merry Christmas, everyone. 🎄❄️🎅

Donald Baker

2022 Jul 16 15:33:06
Atheists...if any are lurking, join and defend your position on why God doesn't exist.  Agnostics you too...isn't it time to get off the fence and take a side? ;D

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 3
  • Latest: skiguy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 385
  • Total Topics: 89
  • Online today: 10
  • Online ever: 52
  • (February 04, 2024, 12:04:33 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 9
Total: 9

Theme Select

9 Guests, 0 Users

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Christian Legacies Main Forum / Re: The purpose of a business owner
« Last post by Phidippides on January 26, 2019, 02:38:58 PM »
I think for a long-term business owner you may be right, but not necessarily for all business owners.  For example, let's say that I buy a mediocre business that you used to own with the intent of changing things to make it grow (let's assume that I saw an untapped market segment that you failed to see).  I don't think I would need to have passion about the business' products in order to make the business successful, especially since I might decide to sell the entire company yet again in five years for a huge bonanza.

But even if a business owner aims at profitability, I think this is not the only concern.  Concern for the well-being of one's employees, for example, should be an aim as well.  I'm sure that there have been times (even today) when business owners have consciously taken advantage of their employees, and the employees are powerless to stop it from happening.
Christian Legacies Main Forum / Re: Black Hebrew Israelites
« Last post by Donald Baker on January 26, 2019, 09:11:59 AM »
I'm not very knowledgeable on this subject.  I've read along the way that the real Ark of the Covenant was supposed to be in Ethiopia hidden somewhere.  I don't know how true that is, but it is a possible connection that the Ethiopians claim gives them legitimacy as one of the lost tribes of ancient Israel.  I do know that Israel takes in many black Jews as part of the Aliyah or the return from the Diaspora.  So there is that.
Christian Legacies Main Forum / Re: The purpose of a business owner
« Last post by Donald Baker on January 26, 2019, 09:07:45 AM »
I'm going to say that profit is one component.  I also think it is about passion and providing some meaningful product or service to people.  If it is just about money, I think most people would burn out and not succeed.  Successful business owners almost always love what they do, which means they do it well, and that reinforces itself.  Just my thoughts.
Christian Legacies Main Forum / The purpose of a business owner
« Last post by Phidippides on January 25, 2019, 09:36:44 PM »
What is the goal of a business owner?  It is just profit within the realms of lawful conduct, or something else?

Ok, with that said, I'm going to throw a curve into the mix.  What is the goal of a Christian business owner?  It is the same as what you said for the first answer or is it different?  Discuss.
Christian Legacies Main Forum / Black Hebrew Israelites
« Last post by Phidippides on January 24, 2019, 06:01:02 PM »
They've been in the news a lot the past week.  How much, if any, are the related to actual Jews in terms of theology?  To whom do they appeal? 
Christian Legacies Main Forum / Re: Starting A New Job Monday!
« Last post by Donald Baker on January 20, 2019, 02:18:36 PM »
Wow, congrats!  Sounds pretty good.  A long way from academia, though I guess you're used to it by now.  I didn't realize you were getting ready to graduate so soon.  How long have you been in your MBA program?

It's a 20 month weekend program that goes straight through.  So I started in the fall of 2017.
Christian Legacies Main Forum / Re: Starting A New Job Monday!
« Last post by Phidippides on January 19, 2019, 01:08:51 PM »
Wow, congrats!  Sounds pretty good.  A long way from academia, though I guess you're used to it by now.  I didn't realize you were getting ready to graduate so soon.  How long have you been in your MBA program?
Christian Legacies Main Forum / Starting A New Job Monday!
« Last post by Donald Baker on January 18, 2019, 09:07:25 PM »
I am now a Pricing Analyst for Owens Corning!  Don't have the MBA until May, but it has already paid dividends.  I can't wait to get started!
Christian Legacies Main Forum / Re: Most Controversial CEOs
« Last post by Donald Baker on January 16, 2019, 03:01:29 PM »
I hope he gets control back but then moves forward with selling the company off.  It would be the best ending.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]