Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

May 03, 2024, 02:47:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Donald Baker

2024 Apr 26 11:53:47
Boy this site sure is dead.  Did the Rapture happen already? ;D

Phidippides

2024 Mar 31 01:32:32
Happy Easter! 🐰🐣✝️⛪

Phidippides

2024 Mar 29 16:59:45
Today is Good Friday. ✝️

Phidippides

2023 Dec 24 19:54:03
Merry Christmas, everyone. 🎄❄️🎅

Donald Baker

2022 Jul 16 15:33:06
Atheists...if any are lurking, join and defend your position on why God doesn't exist.  Agnostics you too...isn't it time to get off the fence and take a side? ;D

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 3
  • Latest: skiguy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 385
  • Total Topics: 89
  • Online today: 22
  • Online ever: 52
  • (February 04, 2024, 12:04:33 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 26
Total: 26

Theme Select

26 Guests, 0 Users

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Christian Legacies Main Forum / Merry Christmas!
« Last post by Donald Baker on December 25, 2019, 01:20:43 PM »
Hope your holidays are merry, memorable, and momentous!
Christian Legacies Main Forum / Re: Are religious kids less generous?
« Last post by Donald Baker on September 26, 2019, 08:13:40 PM »
So basically we get spoon fed fake news, fake research, and many gullible people out there don't know they are being duped.  This example is not the only one I'm sure.  I bet there is significant evidence against all of the claims about climate change that will never see the light of day until the narrative changes or no longer suits the powers that be.
Christian Legacies Main Forum / Are religious kids less generous?
« Last post by Phidippides on September 26, 2019, 04:50:31 PM »
Well, well.  Look at this.

Does a Religious Upbringing Promote Generosity or Not?

It appears that an article from 2015, in which a researcher claimed that data supported the idea that religious upbringing led to kids being less kind than non-religious kids, has been retracted because the data on which it relied was erroneous.  However, apparently many media outlets which covered the initial 2015 story haven't covered news of the error quite as extensively.

Goes to suggest not only that researcher data can be (very) flawed, but that social/political conservatives have an uphill battle against both academia and the media.  But we already knew that, didn't we?
Well, possibly, but it is still always the case that the benefit of knowing Christ is better than the detriment caused by sin.

It reminds me of my church's liturgy on Easter Vigil that is sung at candlelight every year, which proclaims, "O truly necessary sin of Adam, / destroyed completely by the Death of Christ! / O happy fault that earned so great, so glorious a Redeemer!"  It sounds a bit strange to frame it this way, but I think it is intended to underscore the extreme privilege humanity received to have God become Man.
Or more sinful and vile.....
Oh really?  But if you found out that Christ came here, to Earth, and other planets that were not so fortunate needed to be converted, wouldn't that make humanity even more special?
It would be exciting at first.  Then it would hit me that humanity isn't as special as I thought it was.
Christian Legacies Main Forum / Re: Theology of the Trinity
« Last post by Donald Baker on August 21, 2019, 06:15:58 AM »
I have to agree with this description.  It is a mystery that we are ill-equipped to understand as we are now.
Christian Legacies Main Forum / Re: Theology of the Trinity
« Last post by Phidippides on August 20, 2019, 10:29:49 PM »
The difficulty of understanding the Trinity reminds me of the passage regarding St. Augustine from the Golden Legend:

It was so that this glorious doctor made and compiled many volumes, as afore is said, among whom he made a book of the Trinity, in which he studied and mused sore in his mind, so far forth that on a time as he went by tbe sea-side in Africa, studying on theTrinity, he found by the sea-side a little child which had made a little pit in the sand, and in his hand a little spoon. And with the spoon he took out water of the large sea and poured it into the pit. And when S. Augustin beheld him he marvelled, and demanded him what he did. And he answered and said: I will lade out and bring all this water of the sea into this pit. What? said he, it is impossible, how may it be done, sith the sea is so great and large, and thy pit and spoon so little? Yes, forsooth, said he, I shall lightlier and sooner draw all the water of the sea and bring it into this pit than thou shalt bring the mystery of the Trinity and his divinity into thy little understanding as to the regard thereof; for the mystery of the Trinity is greater and larger to the comparison of thy wit and brain than is this great sea unto this little pit. And therewith the child vanished away.

https://sourcebooks.fordham.edu/basis/goldenlegend/GoldenLegend-Volume5.asp#Augustine
What would you think about it if it were a real arrival of aliens?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10