Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

April 20, 2024, 10:16:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Phidippides

2024 Mar 31 01:32:32
Happy Easter! 🐰🐣✝️⛪

Phidippides

2024 Mar 29 16:59:45
Today is Good Friday. ✝️

Phidippides

2023 Dec 24 19:54:03
Merry Christmas, everyone. 🎄❄️🎅

Donald Baker

2022 Jul 16 15:33:06
Atheists...if any are lurking, join and defend your position on why God doesn't exist.  Agnostics you too...isn't it time to get off the fence and take a side? ;D

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 3
  • Latest: skiguy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 385
  • Total Topics: 89
  • Online today: 10
  • Online ever: 52
  • (February 04, 2024, 12:04:33 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 5
Total: 5

Theme Select

5 Guests, 0 Users

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Democrats are already setting the stage for a Civil War if we have a hung election.  Bill Gates believes this.

I think the ball is pretty much in the hands of left right now.  They are tired of democracy because it doesn't allow them to achieve their objectives.  It hasn't for a while, which is why their main political agenda is to promote fear (of Trump, of mythical "white supremacists", of climate change, etc.). 

With this in mind, if the left wanted to abolish democracy, all it would have to do is to push people on the right far enough that at least some people react in rebellion.  Eventually, someone will react violently.  Even if it's a small rebellion (with 100 people or so), the left could use this as an excuse to crack down on the right completely, arrest GOP congressmen, perhaps suspend elections, etc. 
Re-reading this thread from four years ago, it seems almost prophetic.  In fact, nothing about the original prediction has changed; we're just closer to a national division.

It does make one wonder, though, for how long this will drag on.  Could America be in a state of a "warm war" for another ten years?  Or more?  I'm referring to harsh and nasty political in-fighting, vigilante attacks, jailing political rivals, weaponizing law enforcement, and political moves that effectively destroy American government (e.g. packing the court).  I don't know the U.S. Civil War well enough to know how long things dragged on at an elevated rate before Harper's Ferry.

Democrats are already setting the stage for a Civil War if we have a hung election.  Bill Gates believes this.
Re-reading this thread from four years ago, it seems almost prophetic.  In fact, nothing about the original prediction has changed; we're just closer to a national division.

It does make one wonder, though, for how long this will drag on.  Could America be in a state of a "warm war" for another ten years?  Or more?  I'm referring to harsh and nasty political in-fighting, vigilante attacks, jailing political rivals, weaponizing law enforcement, and political moves that effectively destroy American government (e.g. packing the court).  I don't know the U.S. Civil War well enough to know how long things dragged on at an elevated rate before Harper's Ferry.
So Does America splinter in the next decade now that Roe v Wade has been overturned?  Or will it be sooner if Trump finds his way back into office in 2024?
Afraid you may have to acknowledge God exists?  You better be. 8)
His first best is:

Billy Joel.  He's a singer who's been around for several decades by this point. 

Ok, how about Rock Lobster by the B-52s?

Ok just messing with you about the first thing.
Billy Joel's 2nd best song is:
Looks like our country is going to ve transformed without a shot being fired.  We live in very troubling times.
Christian Legacies Main Forum / Sorry About Site Being Down
« Last post by Donald Baker on July 08, 2021, 07:11:25 PM »
I hadn't been paying attention lately.  I've been preoccupied lately with other projects.
Christian Legacies Main Forum / Re: Was Jesus a Pharisee?
« Last post by Phidippides on April 17, 2020, 10:50:13 PM »
I've been watching a scholarly lecture series on Judaism in the time of Jesus, and this was a question that was presented.  Basically, the evidence strongly suggests that no, He was not an Essene.  The Essenes believed in multiple messiahs, rather than one; and the Essenes apparently believed all members had to follow priestly purity laws, so that would also seem to exclude Christ from consideration as an Essene.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10